– ALUMNI AND EMPLOYMENT UNIT
Proceeding from the strategic objective of (Al- Ameeria ITEC): “Establishing strong ties, continuous and fruitful collaboration with industrial, services, commercial, governmental and other societal sectors and institutions”, Al- Ameeria ITEC, based on its beliefs of the importance of building career relations that contribute to developing community-based partnerships as a basis of building an intellectual community, is currently seeking to strengthen its ties to its alumni, as well as supporting their role in community development, taking advantage of their expertise in developing and advancing the ITEC’s progress, exchanging knowledge and experiences amongst alumni, and offering academic, scientific, and practical support in their practical endeavors. To achieve this, the “Alumni and Employment Unit” has been established.
Ameeria ITEC is aspired through this unit to create a continuing communication channel with its alumni and strengthen their association to ITEC, as well as contributing to providing diverse career opportunities for them and exhorting them to supporting and assisting in the cluster and community services.
– Objectives of the Alumni and Employment Unit
The major objectives of the Alumni and Employment Unit are centered on providing services related to alumni, career services, and graduation projects.
1 – Alumni
- Organizing and sustaining the relation between the cluster and its alumni.
- Strengthening communication and consolidating the principle of exchanging opinions and information between both the cluster and its alumni, and amongst alumni.
- Strengthening the sense of belongingness among alumni as well as their interaction and contribution in order to develop the cluster.
- Building an information database dedicated to alumni and communicating with them.
- Assisting the ITEC-Ameeria’s alumni in keeping up with cluster news through the unit’s Web Site.
- Assisting in establishing communication amongst alumni through the electronic forum available on the unit’s Web Site, as well as through inviting them to the annual alumni meeting.
2 – Employment
- Offering various services to the cluster’s new alumni that would assist in developing their skills and directing them towards available job positions.
- Advertising and regularly updating available job opportunities for alumni via the Web Site.
- Developing an information database for companies to facilitate communicating with the cluster’s alumni.
– INDUSTRIAL COOPERAION
The alumni and employment unit offered to the students and alumni training and job opportunities through some of agreements with famous industrial organizations included but not limited to the following: Ceramica Alfa, Editta, Egypt Tradinging International, El-Swedy Group, Ezz Steel, Jelicom, Leeds, Lioni, Metaliniom, Pepsico.